Saturday, April 12, 2008

August 6, 2006 photo journal

August 6, 2006
Losing
Weight: 164
Jean size: 14

Schwarzbein 5 months
100% lactose, starch, grain, and refined sugar free (SCD) 2 months
dairy free 1 month

This is the very pair of size 14 jeans that I bought over a year ago when I first started gaining weight. I can't believe that they fit again. Just a few weeks ago these were still too tight.

These were never the most flattering pair of jeans, but fitting into them again is a real victory in my mind. I'm getting closer to where I was before autoimmunity started winning the battle. Now I'm winning the battle.



The past month has been a roller coaster as I've been working on elimination diets and determining my food sensitivities. I'm doing a rotation diet now, meaning I rotate the foods I eat over a 4 day period. I've had some of the best days ever. I've had days of absolutely no joint pain. Most days now I only notice the joint pain minimally, although sometimes when I first wake up I'm a bit stiff and the joints are painful. I've had some days of absolute fantastic moods. My energy seems to be building and I feel like my body is starting to work again. I am completely free of caffeine now and don't miss it at all. I've had more and more days where I feel like myself again. I am finding myself, rediscovering what I'm like without the symptoms of autoimmunity.

No comments: