Saturday, April 12, 2008

June 2006 photo journal

June 2006 (No picture)
Losing
Weight: around 175.
Jean size: 16

Schwarzbein for 3 months.
Gluten free 2 weeks.

I had been heavily researching autoimmunity, as I awaited my first appt. with an endocrinologist scheduled for July (long waiting list). I discovered the link between autoimmunity and gluten sensitivity. I decided to give it a go again. I was beginning to notice the pattern of gluten consumption and increase in symptoms.

I continued my research and discovered that inability of the gut to properly digest food is at the root of autoimmunity. The damaged gut makes one prone to pick up food sensitivities quite easily. For this reason, I decided to adopt the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD), which is based on simple foods, no complex sugars and starches, in order to heal the past damage to the digestive tract. This also allowed me to begin to piece together which foods I'm currently sensitive to.

Die off from the SCD (massive die off of all the bad bugs in my digestive tract that then released toxins into my body) was hard to go through. Every joint in my body ached horribly. I was extremely fatigued. It felt worse than the worst flu ever. But I got through it. Now life is looking promising....

Originally posted July 10, 2006

No comments: