Wednesday, April 9, 2008

6/18/05 My day so far

EDIT as I compile these for the new blog: Some interesting comments from my Live Journal about my weight gain and the increasing pain in my knees. My knees were getting so bad that I couldn't carry the kids or laundry baskets up and down the stairs without major pain.

July 18, 2005 My day so far...

Man it is hot and humid today. I got my butt out for a walk with the kids this morning. It was hot. My face was beet red when we got back. Still trying to shed these mystery 30lbs that have suddenly become a part of me. I have never weighed this much before and not been pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally not one of those "pencil-thin is in" gals, but this is just not my normal me. I don't feel sexy anymore and that sucks. I don't have any clothes that fit, and my poor knees are killing me. This is definitely not a healthy weight for me. So anyway, went for a walk this morning, I have stopped drinking pop, and I'm going to take a cardio kickboxing class here soon. And of course I'm watching the nutrition and trying to totally cut out any "food substitutes" as our friend G so aptly describes fast-food.

After the walk, I showered, and got to work on the kitchen. Washed dishes, cleaned counters, swept the floor, etc. Then I had to get the chicken broth going and the crockpot meal for tonight. Did I mention how hot it is? Working in the heat is so sweaty. Why did I take that shower? LOL! Then I did some laundry and now I've got 2 baskets wanting to be put away. Vac needs run in the living room, but ugggh, I'm done for today. I still gotta make lunch, clean the kitchen again, make dinner, clean the kitchen again. Oh yeah, and cram for my biology test tomorrow.

The kids are outside right now playing in the sprinkler and A is taking a nap. Ahhhh, peace and quiet for 2 minutes. How lovely it is.

I'm so looking forward to our little mini 1 1/2 day vacation at the lake. The water is calling me.......

No comments: